Today, social media is becoming one of the most powerful marketing tools. Twitter is no exception. An increasing number of people use the platform to drive revenue and connect with their audience. The post will teach you how to make money on Twitter.
How to Make Money on Twitter?
Twitter is a powerful platform unto itself, not just a conduit for marketing another site. You can create a Twitter account around a profitable niche — making money online, online education, or motherhood, for example — and amass a large number of followers interested in that niche. Then you can tweet links to interesting content from around the web, offering your followers something of value without ever having to create content yourself.
Twitter Facts and Statistics Marketers Should Know
To understand how to make money using Twitter and develop a successful marketing strategy on the platform, you need to know some facts about it.
Here are the most important Twitter facts and statistics marketers need to know.
- The character limit on Twitter is 280 words.
- There are over 330 million active monthly users and over 150 million monetizable users per day on Twitter as of Q4 of 2019.
- Over 500 million Tweets are sent a day.
- About 80% of Twitter users use the network on their mobile devices.
- Twitter is most popular in the USA (at almost 60%), followed by Japan, the UK, Saudi Arabia, etc.
- About 34% of Twitter users are women and 66% are men.
- According to Omnicore, the income of over 56% of Twitter users exceeds $50,000 a year.
- The biggest age groups on the platform are 18-29 year-olds (38%) and 30-49 year-olds (26%).
- According to Twitter Agency Playbook 2019, the platform users spend 26% more time with ads than users of any other social media.
- Twitter users watch 2 billion videos on the platform per day.
Where Do You Start to earn money?
Figuring out where to start can be overwhelming. If you’ve already set up an attractive profile with a following on Twitter, you’re ready to start making money on Twitter.
Step 1: Decide which direction you wish to go. You can get paid for sponsored tweets, promoting products, building a mailing list or even generating traffic for your own website.
Step 2: Use various websites to begin making money on twitter.
Step 3: Stay in close contact with users you are paying to make you money and keep track of your activity through your business account.
Strategies to Make Money On Twitter
But how do people make money on Twitter? Twitter provides numerous opportunities for marketers. Here’re some of the most profitable ones.
1. Earning on Sponsored Tweets
One of the most popular ways of making money on Twitter is simply tweeting. Sites like sponsoredtweets.com and paidpertweet.com enable advertisers to monetise their tweets. You can make offers to various listed accounts to post your suggested tweets to gain publicity and increase your following.
When accounts accept your offer, you send the promoted tweet to the Twitter influencer to edit and then publish. Once the tweet is posted, you will begin making money on Twitter! How many followers they have, what industry you’re both in and how engaged their audience is will all determine how much the tweet is worth.
2. How to Make Money on Twitter: Doing Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing on Twitter is one of the best ways to generate revenue. Affiliate marketing is a performance-based marketing strategy in which affiliates promote a product or service and get paid every time a visitor brought by their marketing efforts performs the desired action on the advertiser’s website.
You may wonder how to get paid on Twitter as an affiliate. To make affiliate marketing on Twitter your lucrative pursuit, pick a trustworthy affiliate offer in your niche and provide valuable content that will call out some pain points of your audience. Twitter allows you to place affiliate links in the tweets.
However, don’t get too carried away. Placing too many affiliate links can make your page spammy and you can even get banned on the platform. It’s more effective to drive traffic to your landing page containing affiliate links.
3. Twitter Ads and Traffic Generation
Through ads.twitter.com, business owners can set up various campaigns based on their goals and objectives. For example, Twitter Card can tweet an image with a call to action. When people click this, their email and name are saved in an autoresponder system. This way, business owners can create mailing list subscribers or websites to promote their company.
Another way to make money on Twitter is by generating traffic to your site by including your website links in any and every way possible. Generating traffic through Twitter works by choosing a specific campaign or advertising objective and setting a budget and time frame for it to run on. Once this starts you can watch your business grow through Twitter!
Businesses can also use the advanced search feature on Twitter to join specific conversations to be more interactive. All you have to do is select a set of criteria for the conversation search and start engaging with your customers directly! Generating more traffic to your website and other business pages can create more sales for your business. Also Read:
Best advertising Tips To Make Money On Twitter
Here are some easy-to-follow tips to help you make money on Twitter ads.
- Incentivize people to act quickly. Create limited-time offers and urge people to take immediate action. For this, use such phrases as “low stock,” “sign up now,” etc.
- Make sure you introduce your brand in the ad copy, but do it briefly.
- Use color in your ads to drum up people’s attention. However, use the colors that align with your brand’s personality.
- Create ads focused on people’s immediate needs, for example, on seasonal offers.
- Create effective CTAs.
- When running a sale, put emphasis on the percentage discount, not the amount of money customers will save.
- Offer freebies such as guides, tutorials, e-books, checklists, etc.
- Leverage A/B testing to see what performs best for your audience.
- Make the most of Twitter targeting options.
- Jump on the bandwagon and embed the trendiest hashtags in your niche.
- Leverage influencer marketing as people trust word-of-mouth recommendations more than traditional advertising methods.
- Take advantage of important events such as the World Cup to boost your marketing efforts.
Crowdsourcing is the practice of soliciting ideas and contributions from a large group or community. It’s been a marketing darling for years, especially when it comes to social media.
With Twitter, crowdsourcing is an effective way to bring in contributions from your followers (new and old) in order to fund your business or idea. This is especially useful in tandem with something like Kickstarter.
Crowdsourcing can make you plenty of money, or at least capital, but only if it is done correctly. Read up on plenty of successful case studies before attempting to start your first project.
5. Building an Email List to Make Money on Twitter
You can use the platform to grow your email list. For this, you can use lead magnets like a free guide or a webinar resolving some problems of your audience for example. Providing value to your audience is the key factor when collecting an email list, so make sure your content accommodates your followers’ needs. To grow your email list more effectively:
- Create an opt-in page you will drive your audience to and embed a link to it in your tweets.
- Add enticing visuals to your posts.
- Make your tweets easy to share.
- Use Twitter cards to get more attention.
- Leverage Pinned Tweets to drive traffic to the opt-in pages.
- Place a link to the opt-in page in your bio.
6. Sell products on Twitter
This seems like a no-brainer, but some businesses actually forget that people won’t buy anything if they don’t see a call-to-action.
Now, when it comes to *how* you sell products on Twitter, the conversation becomes a little more old school. One of the most effective strategies is to use promotions and discounts to spur spending.
Some businesses have found plenty of success in “daily deals” and other basic marketing practices that fit well with Twitter. Just make sure that you’re not overwhelming your Twitter feed with pushy selling.
How do corporations make money on Twitter?
Twitter accounts with big followings have usually created a pretty loyal customer base/following. This means more tweet engagements, more links clicked or shared and simply more sales. Big Twitter accounts make their money through large followings and creative content.
Companies like Wendy’s or Popeyes are great examples of how to properly use your following and communication to your advantage. We have all heard of Wendy’s infamous Twitter comebacks to comments and posts from customers and even competitors. The snarky comments and witty remarks have landed Wendy’s a solid reputation in the social media world which ultimately has translated to their increasing demands and sales.
Similarly, when Popeyes released their chicken sandwich, the frenzy of fanatics on social media exploded the internet for a very long period of time. Popeyes simply promoted their new product and let their fan base increase their sales through Twitter engagements. Loyal customers made various reviews and humorous comments that increased Popeyes’ demand so much that they ran out of the product within days of launching it!
Twitter is one of the most popular social media platforms worldwide and it’s a gold mine of opportunities. You may also wonder: How much money can you make on Twitter?
The earning potential of the platform is unlimited and experienced Twitter marketers earn well into six figures. So, implement the tried-and-true Twitter strategies we’ve shared with you, think outside the box, build a rapport with your audience and provide solutions to their pain points.
If you play your cards right, your efforts will not go waste and you’ll be able to make Twitter your lucrative pursuit.